G Adventures is the world’s largest small-group adventure travel company and we’ve been making epic travel memories happen on all seven continents for over 30 years.
Our mission is simple: to change lives through travel. And not just our travelers’ either. Since day one, our tours have been built to establish meaningful relationships with local communities, directly benefiting the people and places we visit at every step of our tours.
With the demand for travel coming back strong, we are set up and excited for this next chapter in our company’s story — and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our DNA revolves around building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of people and a true sense of belonging, where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work each and every day. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, and yourself, alongside a passionate, talented, and welcoming community that works hard to spread goodness around the world.
If all that sounds like your kind of thing, well, we can’t wait for you to join us.
About the Role:
The Business Development Manager (internally known as the Global Purpose Specialist (GPS) role) is a sales catalyst, business development seeker, service zealot, organizational wizard, traveller, expert trainer, problem solver, and company culture enthusiast all rolled into one!
Your mission as a GPS if you choose it, is to be the face of G Adventures to our travel partners. You will be primarily responsible for growing the sales of a network of travel advisors, key accounts, and supporting the wider GPS team in the US. This will be a remote position based in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota, or Michigan (flexible for the right candidate).
What You'll be Doing:
- Create a business plan to achieve quarterly targets including growing existing accounts and prospecting new opportunities
- Help support marketing plans with partners to drive enquires and conversion.
- Build a digital roadmap to ensure prominence of G Adventures product on agents social, website and digital platforms.
- Deliver exceptional customer service in every situation
- Provide training on all of G Adventures’ Product
- Work with both speed and efficiency while consistently displaying compassion and care in every interaction
- Handle any booking issues calmly and with empathy
- Differentiate your service to provide a uniquely G experience for our agents
How your Mission is Achieved:
- Having a disciplined and full understanding of the sales cycle
- Connecting with our agency partners in person, over the phone, and via email
- Preparing qualified lists and executing weekly outbound calls
- Asking the right questions to ascertain the needs of each unique agency
- Recommending and selling the right trip for the agencies' traveller based on their needs
- Holding regular training sessions(in person and virtual) to ensure your advisors are up to date with G product
- Presenting G Adventures Product to groups of advisors and/or their travelers from 4 to 100+
- Organising and sticking to a call plan, ensuring agents are serviced as frequently as they require through in person visits, calls, or virtual meetings.
- Ensuring accuracy in recording all sales visits in Salesforce
- Maintaining superior knowledge of all G Adventures Product and changes
- Being an integral part of G Adventures amazing company culture and living by the G Adventures Core values.
- Being the first point problem solver for any of your agent’s bookings
Desired Skills& Experience
- A love of sales and travel
- Outside Sales Experience
- Travel sales and business development experience is essential.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate professional sales presentation techniques
- Demonstrated strategic business planning, analysing, and reporting skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Advanced skills in interpersonal relationship management
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Problem solving/complaint resolution skills with a focus on the customer experience
- Flexible and energetic, with the ability to work independently as well as in ateam environment
- Ability to navigate and use a variety of computer systems confidently with speed and efficiency
- Understanding of, and identification with, G Adventures’ Core Values
- Ability to work irregular hours (evenings, weekends and occasionally early starts to train agents before they open)
- Availability to stay overnight if required, (accommodation cost would be covered by G Adventures)
- REQUIRED - Valid driver's license and personal vehicle
- US Remote position ideally based in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota, Missouri or Michigan (flexible for the right candidate)
- Domestic and International travel are involved with this role
What do we offer you?
- Competitive salary commensurate with the role
- Competitive benefits package
- Birthday day off
- Vacation time for you to recharge
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Learning and growth opportunities
*Applicable based on location*
G Adventures is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants.