A confidential Action Sports focused, Athlete Centric start up technology company is looking for a CMO.
This is a brand Founded by a Former Professional Athlete focused on creating competition and sport experiences, both virtual and in person.
We are looking for a strategic, innovative, and experienced leader to serve as our Chief Marketing Officer to join our fast-growing start up.
This role is a thought leader and expert at leading and driving strategy formulation and execution and market expansion of our platform. As the brand custodian, the role will be accountable for driving a customer-centric culture and experiences that create engagement and form community.
Working directly with our Founder/CEO this individual will define, prioritize and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy for the company, from development to optimization. The role will also ensure alignment and collaboration in achieving the company’s strategic brand objectives.
The successful candidate will be the driving force behind building a customer-centric culture at all levels of the company. As the customer advocate, they’ll be the voice defending the perspective of the customer at all times as we evolve, grow and scale.
- Create a long and short term strategy for customer engagement.
- Build a community around events and competition through our digital platform.
- Create compelling and engaging events and experiences.
- Collaborate with the product and operations functions to update customer UX/UI, ensuring new features are being understood and adopted accordingly, support future product innovation and go to market strategy to optimize revenue growth.
- Provide rigorous data and usage analysis to inform market and brand positioning and guide platform development.
- Manage the creation and production of inspiring community experiences that drive engagement.
- Build athlete and brand relationships that drive community growth.
- Build a holistic view of the customer to drive a deeper understanding of customer needs, satisfaction, and their overall experience.
- Extensive contacts, knowledge of and experience in sports and marketing and genuine passion for and deep knowledge of some or all of the following outdoors sports: trail/ultra-running; climbing; cycling/mountain biking; and general outdoor activities
- Experience in participating in these sports, with a deep understanding of the vocabulary, language and codes specific to these outdoor activities
- Passion or appreciation for sport products, gear and technologies required to excel at these sports
- Active in all kind of sports (even out of the Outdoors)
- Ability to travel and spend several/many weekends a year working events and/or supporting the athletes at their competitions, events, clinics, photo/video shoots
- Comfortable working in challenging Outdoor weather conditions (cold, snow, rain, hot, etc)
- Organized, strong ability with planning events/projects and operating them, and at taking notes, feedback and reviewing successes and opportunities to improve
- Good presentation skills, and understanding of social media
- Experience leading, developing, and scaling teams