CamelBak is a safe, supportive, and collaborative environment where we all move the ball forward. We are passionate about improving the outdoor experience through hydration; striving to make the planet a better place for all of its inhabitants through our work in sustainability and clean water access.
CamelBak has been recognized as one of the "Best Places to Work" by Outside Magazine. Not only do employees enjoy a casual, active lifestyle when off the clock, we promote a casual, supportive, team-oriented work environment while on the job. You won't see any stuffy suits and ties at our headquarters.
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are motivated, passionate, adaptable, and creative team players. We recognize that the right people will enable us to continue our success!
The Director of Product Management - Everyday Lifestyle leads the global Lifestyle Category (Hardgoods as primary focus) in the areas of overall strategy and accountability, product specific strategy, and product requirements. This is a critical & central department for the organization.
The Director drives cross-functional relationships and decisions along the holistic product lifecycle for all existing and new product initiatives. They will possess a proven track record of accountability as oversight across the business. This includes strong strategic and analytical capability, strong persuasive communication skills (written & verbal), ability to develop ideas holistically and thrive in a fast-paced, growth orientated environment.
Must possess a very strong understanding of the category, customer needs, competitive landscape and be able to translate consumer need states into deeply resonate consumer products and holistic narratives across features, pricing models, and merchandising opportunities of product (and families of products) to deliver success in market for the brand category.
- Leads development of multi-year category level business strategies and budgets that address brand, financial, resource and merchandising objectives
- Direct management of the Global Product Managers for the Lifestyle category (2x) with the focus on building a strong team of leaders in the business
- Leads cross-functional Core Teams to develop and define product line strategies that are responsive to consumer needs and market opportunities
- Leads product line pricing strategies to support company revenue and margin goals to ensure both short and long term success of the business
- Manages and leads portfolio and multi-year product roadmap planning for the Lifestyle Category in partnership with product management for the Performance Category
- Oversees product brief creation and definitions that prioritize product outcomes based on the brand, market research, target margin goals, extensive end-user feedback & competitive set evaluation
- Team-orientated leader with great cross-functional skills and a desire to build a great cross-functional team together as an organization.
- Works closely with direct reports, industrial design, project management, brand marketing, sales and sourcing to develop/maintain a schedule for all category product lines to ensure on-time completion including: Weekly Core Team Meetings, Strategy development meetings, Senior Team reviews, and Major milestone reviews
- Supports and grows the custom and licensing product and infrastructure initiatives
- Support strategically and tactically across company-wide integration of world-class product across performance, everyday lifestyle, corporate and GMI (Government, Military, Industrial) portfolios
- Drives close collaboration with planning/operations teams on execution and commercialization of new products and management of product “end of life”
- Partners with Product Marketing Manager in the development and execution of all aspect of the product marketing plans including: Packaging, Product positioning, Product Merchandising, Color/Graphics, andNaming, branding and messaging
- In collaboration with the Brand Marketing team, represents the voice of the consumer to satisfy unmet market needs
- Forges productive relationships with key influencers in category segments via field visits, interviews, trade shows, and account visits
- Develops & maintains productive relationships with both domestic and international Vista channel sales teams and key account buyers
- Equips Vista sales team, reps, distributors and dealers with the product information and tools they need to launch new products
- Responsible for on-time trade launch of all products in category including: sales samples, sales meeting presentations, key account presentations, mass production etc.
- Makes recommendations to refine, streamline, and continuously improve the product development/management process
- Minimum 5 years people management experience including guidance, mentoring and professional development of a product management team
- Minimum 8 years in product management position in a related category with strong Lifestyle market knowledge and a demonstrated ability to build a strong strategy, conceptualize, track and delivery of projects on financial and brand target (ideally including a track record bringing hydration bottle portfolio/s to market successfully)
- Possess a thorough business understanding including: demand creation, data and market analytics, supply chain planning, financial modeling, product development
- Strong leader with a honed ability communicate clearly and persuasively, negotiate to successful outcomes with a positive outlook
- Possess solid instincts in brand management and brand positioning
- Experience working successfully as one team alongside industrial design, product development, engineering, marketing and sales
- CPG experience a plus
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and sales analytics software
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present effectively to all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA desirable
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
$161,100.00 - $259,400.00
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!