The Product Engineer will be primarily responsible for driving CMF innovation and cost management for GMS. You will be partnering with R&D personnel as well as factories to drive new decoration techniques on our plastic and stainless-steel products. As part of a fast-paced, innovation-driven environment, you will participate in internal team brainstorming and cross-functional collaboration with members of creative and brand teams. It will be your responsibility to take that creative inspiration and find decoration solutions that are on-trend and give GMS a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Partner with Creative Development and R&D to effectively communicate new and ongoing projects to our partner factories
- Collaborate with Vietnam partner factories to develop and execute GMS new CMF design and launch to ensure project goal
- Partner with Vietnam factory teams to develop, test, and document new materials, treatments, and manufacturing processes that are decoration-focused
- Provide technical guidance with factory and suppliers to solve CMF related issues on plastic and stainless steel products
- Cooperate with Tier 1 &2 factories to understand cost for each step, negotiate best price for each new CMF treatment and share the information to internal cross functional team
- Continuously find solution to reduce CMF treatment cost
- Setup CMF cost model/structure for all CMF treatment to benefit with other team member evaluate CMF “Should Cost”
- Build up new supplier resources for CMF to provide stable CMF capacity to mitigate PMI supply chain risk.
- Stay up-to-date on key trends in the consumer products decoration space as well as advancements in decoration manufacturing technologies by collaborating with suppliers, attending trade shows, and constantly searching for new decoration techniques
- Driving expansion of known CMF techniques to additional partner factories within the GMS business environment
- Providing CMF consulting, training and supports to function team.
- Other duties as necessary
- Proficient English and can communicate with Mandarin also.
- Ability to drive projects from concept to completion involving internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and GMS partner factories
- Understanding of plastic injection molding, blow molding and stainless steel manufacturing methods，with engineering background
- Experience with pigments, paint, and other surface decorations for both plastic and stainless steel material substrates
- Ability to synthesize technical data and relay it to non-technical personnel effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image for a both domestic and international audience
- Experience travelling within Asia to factories and ability to manage own itinerary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and switch between them seamlessly
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines
- Previous experience in a graphic application manufacturing environment (Screen printing, painting, injection molding, etc.)
- Color theory knowledge and a general understanding of the science behind decoration techniques
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator