Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX
As the Senior Financial Analyst, Ecommerce you will play a key role in building out the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function for the Ecommerce business. You will lead and deliver reporting and analysis to support key and strategic decision making throughout the Ecommerce business. This is an incredible opportunity to create an impact, learning from several functions across the business and engaging with senior leaders in key cross-functional work to elevate forecasting and reporting timeliness and accuracy. You will have visibility to the big picture and develop strong skillsets and connections to support your career development within the company.
This role is based out of our North Vancouver office and is open to hybrid remote work. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Meet Your Future Team:
The FP&A team at Arc’teryx is responsible for providing leadership with the information they need to review past performance, understand business trends, and anticipate future performance and financial position. Through review of historic financials, variance analysis and KPI tracking, the team advises leadership on key investment decisions and performance improvement.
If you were in the Senior Financial Analyst, Ecommerce role now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Preparing month end profit and loss reporting for Ecommerce while reviewing budget versus actual variances across regions and Ecommerce channels
- Delivering supporting analysis and materials for the following:
Monthly and quarterly business reviews
Planning cycle reviews
- Collaborating with Ecommerce opex and capex budget holders to drive greater accuracy and ownership
- Enhancing existing recharge processes to capture full scope of Ecommerce related opex and capex, completing the journey towards a fully loaded Ecommerce profit and loss
- Championing the Ecommerce instance of the FP&A planning software (Oracle), owning data loads and contributing to the design and implementation of new functionalities
- Contributing to the month end closing procedures of Ecommerce entities, driving efficiencies in existing procedures while collaborating with accounting to build out new ones
- Capturing, quantifying and supporting the Finance and FP&A team in the resolution of risks and opportunities relating to Ecommerce performance versus plan
- Performing ad-hoc reporting and project work as required
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Leading meetings with the digital team to review month end and quarter end profit and loss analysis
- Recommending process improvements for budget and rolling forecasts to senior leaders in finance and the digital teams
- Leading a Financial Analyst supporting the FP&A Ecommerce business
Are you our next Senior Financial Analyst, Ecommerce?
- You have 5+ years proven experience in an Accounting, Financial Analyst, or equivalent role
- You have a bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent and ideally have your CPA, CMA, CA, CFA, or MBA
- You have previous work experience in the Retail or Ecommerce sectors
- You have experience in project management
- You have exceptional attention to detail
- You have advanced analytical skills with a strong aptitude for MS Excel and data analysis tools
- You are highly proficient in accounting systems and business intelligence (BI) tools
- You can prioritize and manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- You can lead and drive change with little supervision
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You can coordinate and lead projects to completion
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You can balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (but sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
$89,000 - $111,000 a year
A reasonable estimate of the pay range is CAD$89,000 - CAD$111,000 at the time of this posting. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, relevant experience, education and/or training.
Please note that the range details above reflect the base pay only and does not include our competitive bonus program and benefits that we offer.
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.