The Senior Product Manager is accountable for product lines in the Everyday Lifestyle category. Their role drives cross-functional decision making along the product lifecycle for existing and new product initiatives. The role is both strategic and tactical, with a need for strong analytical and cross-functional persuasive skills within a fast-paced growth orientated environment.
Must possess a deep understanding of the category, customer needs, competitive landscape and be able to translate consumer need states into deeply resonate consumer products and holistic narratives across features, pricing models, and merchandising opportunities of product (and families of products) to deliver success in market for the brand category.
- Accountability across key areas of projects to ensure holistic product success including consumer insights, market understanding, consumer segmentation, line planning, business (including financial) and SKU analysis
- Development of multi-year category level business strategies that address brand, financial, resource and merchandising objectives
- Leader in New Product Introduction (NPI) process and engagement– gate reviews, milestones, and providing critical analysis to help the cross functional product team make successful decisions
- Leader in cross-functional Core Teams to develop and define product line strategies that are responsive to consumer needs and market opportunities
- Leads product line pricing strategies to support company revenue and margin goals to ensure both short and long term success of the business
- Manages portfolio and multi-year product roadmap planning for the Lifestyle Category in partnership with product management for the Performance Category
- Owner of product brief creation and definitions that prioritize product outcomes based on the brand, market research, target margin goals, extensive end-user feedback & competitive set evaluation
- Team-orientated lead with great cross-functional skills and a desire to reinforce bringing the cross-functional team together in decision making - moving the work forward efficiently.
- Works closely in partnership with industrial design, project management, brand marketing, sales and sourcing to develop/maintain a schedule for all category product lines to ensure on-time completion including:
- Weekly Core Team Meetings
- Strategy development meetings
- Senior Team reviews
- Major milestone reviews
- Supports the custom and licensing product and infrastructure initiatives
- Support strategically and tactically across company-wide integration of world-class product across performance, everyday lifestyle, corporate and GMI (Government, Military, Industrial) portfolios
- Drives close collaboration with planning/operations teams on execution and commercialization of new products and management of product “end of life”
- Partners with Product Marketing Manager in the development and execution of all aspect of the product marketing plans including:
- Product positioning
- Product Merchandising
- Naming, branding and messaging
- In collaboration with the Brand Marketing team, represents the voice of the consumer to satisfy unmet market needs
- Forges productive relationships with key influencers in category segments via field visits, interviews, trade shows, and account visits
- Develops & maintains productive relationships with both domestic and international Vista channel sales teams and key account buyers
- Equips Vista sales team, reps, distributors and dealers with the product information and tools they need to launch new products
- Responsible for on-time trade launch of products in category including: sales samples, sales meeting presentations, key account presentations, mass production etc.
- Makes recommendations to refine, streamline, and continuously improve the product development/management process
- 8 years in product management position in a related category with strong Lifestyle market knowledge and a demonstrated ability to build a strong strategy, conceptualize, track and delivery of projects on financial and brand target (ideally including a track record bringing hydration bottle products to market successfully)
- Possess a thorough business understanding including:
- demand creation
- data and market analytics
- supply chain planning
- financial modeling
- product development
- Strong leader with a honed ability communicate clearly and persuasively, negotiate to successful outcomes with a positive outlook
- Possess solid instincts in brand management and brand positioning
- Experience working successfully as one team alongside industrial design, product development, engineering, marketing and sales
- CPG experience a plus
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and sales analytics software
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present effectively to all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA desirable
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
$107,500.00 - $168,100.00
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!