Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.Academy Sports + Outdoors’ Marketing Team is looking for a strategic project manager to handle a variety of customer-focused projects that will contribute directly to Academy's success.
We are looking for an individual capable of taking a leadership role in aligning projects with the company's mission and objectives while collaborating with leadership to execute key strategic projects with executive-level visibility. This role will sit in the Marketing department but will have broad cross-functional range.
A successful candidate will be capable of supporting the organization's customer strategy development, improving the efficiencies of various projects, and ensuring that all project goals match the company's vision.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in relevant field with demonstrated high academic achievement
- Masters degree a plus
- 5-8+ years of experience in project management, operations, consulting, marketing or account management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience managing a portfolio with complex cross-dependencies is required
- PMP certification a plus
- Strategic thinker, leader, and problem solver with a demonstrated ability to design, plan, execute, and deliver results for complex, cross-functional projects; experience with a specialty in marketing activations a plus
- Proven track record of building and sustaining relationships across all functions and levels in an organization to ensure seamless partnership and execution
- Experience collaborating and communicating with senior leadership; executive presentation skills a must
- Ability to get into the details while maintaining 30,000 foot view of the strategic goals of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to navigate ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to maintain a high level of autonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to simplify complex topics for broad business and technical audiences; comfort presenting and communicating to a wide range of audiences in both formal and informal settings
- Must be interested in working in a high-energy and collaborative environment
- Lead/manage a portfolio of programs and projects in support of our customer roadmap; responsible for planning, organizing, driving, and tracking all project activities
- Ensure projects adhere to defined scope, schedule, and budget
- Set and continually manage project expectations with stakeholders and leadership
- Collaborate with colleagues, peers, and other stakeholders to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of managed programs
- Monitor progress and achievement of objectives and identify corrective actions as needed
- Provide leadership with decision support needed to make informed strategic decisions
- Develop a thorough understanding of Academy policies, procedures, and safety rules
- Duties may change; Team Members may be required to perform other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements & Attendance:
- Regular attendance required
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!