As the WEMT Program Specialist you will provide critical support for the Wilderness EMT program and its students and instructors. You will be a part of the Wilderness Medicine team, supporting students and instructors. This is a year-round ¾ time benefited in-town position that could include additional instructional contract days.
NOLS Wilderness Medicine runs between 17-19 courses per year mostly at the NOLS Wyss Campus located near Lander, Wyoming.
Key Logistical Information:
- This is a ¾ time position with ¼ time of optional teaching time.
- Start date: Two-weeks from date of offer acceptance.
- Benefits: eligible for Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending account, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time off, 403(b), 403(b) contribution.
- Questions: Please contact [email protected]
What does a WEMT Program Specialist do?
You will be involved in the following activities:
- Managing ongoing maintenance, supervision and support for specialized NOLS Wilderness Medicine WEMT programming. Tasks will include recurrent events as well as discrete projects.
- Briefing, debriefing and supporting WEMT instructor teams, possibly on weekends.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with instructional staff and facility teams.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with state and national EMT regulatory bodies to ensure ongoing support for WEMT course graduates.
- Revising and maintaining WEMT support materials including course outcomes, roles and responsibilities in accordance with national and state dictated guidelines.
- Supporting online components (curriculum and content) of WEMT courses.
- Working with the LMS Administrator to create and maintain online platforms for other NOLS Wilderness Medicine courses or continuing education opportunities.
- Interfacing with Wyss campus facilities staff, WEMT sponsoring organizations, and local vendors for WEMT course related administrative and logistical services.
- Interfacing with and assisting Wilderness Medicine Admissions with WEMT student prerequisites and pre-course instructions. Assisting with last minute local teaching and/or support needs on WEMT courses.
What makes a great WEMT Program Specialist at NOLS?
We are looking for people who share our values and are keen to learn and develop their expertise. We are looking for candidates with the skills listed below. We expect to provide training and development support in some of the areas.
- Experienced NOLS Wilderness Medicine Instructor, preferably with WEMT teaching background.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage tasks with deadlines while teaching or traveling.
- Creative and critical thinking to develop and/or expand new course resources.
- Cooperative skills and communicates both internally and externally.
- Ability to interact with state and national regulatory agencies and regional clinical facilities.
- Communicate with instructors and ensure quality control for curriculum delivery.
- Ability to support the professional development of WEMT instructors, other NOLS employees and outside professional services contractors.
In your first 6 months, you will:
- Brief, debrief and support ongoing WEMT courses.
- Work collaboratively with WEMT manager to update canvas online learning, WEMT schedule and textbook usage.
- Work with local hospitals to create rotations for WEMT students.
Who are we and what can we offer you?
NOLS is a nonprofit global wilderness school that seeks to help people step forward boldly as a leader.
We believe that anyone can be a leader; it is our role to provide the environment and training to help people discover their full potential. We do that in classrooms close to home and in remote wilderness areas around the world. We are an organization with heart, expertise, and wildness, and these qualities help us support powerful, authentic experiences.
NOLS really is a great place to work:
- We have locations in seven U.S. states, and six countries; and courses in all 50 U.S. states and over 10 countries.
- We have fantastic employee discounts on top outdoor gear brands
- We offer discounts on NOLS Courses for you and your family
- All employees can benefit of free Outdoor Equipment "Rental" at our various locations
- Insurance Coverage: Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available at a special NOLS rate to seasonal employees. Full-time employees are eligible for benefits package.
- Wellness Time: Accrued leave that may be used for many HR-approved reasons throughout the season.
- Employee Assistance Program: Access to counselors that are available 24/7 to assist employees with work-life balance concerns.
All you need to do is start the process by clicking on the yellow button on the top right.
You’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymized, randomized and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers. If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step, which includes an interview.
NOLS can currently employ remote employees who have legal working rights in the United States, Canada, Chile, Mexico, New Zealand, and India. In the U.S. and Canada, we can support remote employees in the following states/provinces: Alaska, Arizona, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming. For this position, candidates must have working rights in the U.S.
- A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
- NOLS participates in E-verify for U.S. employees, and other relevant employment verification systems based on location.
- Current NOLS employees please note it is NOLS policy to conduct an internal reference check with human resources and/or your current supervisor as part of the reference check process. If you have any questions or concerns about this process please contact [email protected].
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!