The Accounting Manager is a key member of the Simms Finance Department, managing the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. Our ideal candidate is detailed-oriented, a lifelong learner, an excellent communicator, can manage/balance multiple projects effectively, and enjoys process improvement initiatives. The Finance Department at Simms is made up of a passionate group of like-minded outdoor enthusiasts who take pride in our hard work, success, and the part we play in our overarching goal - inspiring the world to fish.
This position reports to the Finance Director and is based out of our Bozeman headquarters.
As the Accounting Manager, you will have an opportunity to:
- Manage Accounts Payable (1 head) and Accounts Receivable/Credit (1 head).
- Evaluate current controls and identify and lead improvements designed for scalability.
- Reconcile and maintain accurate reports on balance sheet areas associated with AR and AP, including Other Assets, Bad Deb Reserves, Received Not Invoiced, Key Account Reserves, Suspense Accounts, etc.
- Manage Amazon Reconciliation process, including application of AR, updating JE templates for changes, and researching variances.
- Manage updates to banking tools and templates and serve as the liaison between Simms and the Vista Treasury team.
- Prepare weekly cash forecasts.
- NAV “Power User”. Can be relied upon to be the definitive resource for the efficient use of specific ERP functions and related business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree of accountancy or similar field of study.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting-related field.
- Previous work experience and detailed knowledge of AP and AR Processes
- Strong computer skills/working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Attention to Detail – Aware of all tasks & responsibilities. Does not let things slip through the cracks.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to efficiently work with numbers, determine meaning from quantitative figures to ensure accuracy of data.
- Organization & Planning – Ability to prioritize tasks and organize responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – Ability to adjust quickly to new priority assignments or issues that come to light.
- Communication – Able to communicate findings/issues/resolutions with all effected parties.
- Honesty/Integrity – Upholds the creditability of the Finance Department and provides a positive image of the department to the rest of the company. Properly handles the responsibilities of one working in the accounting field.
- Professional Skepticism – Uses a questioning mind to critically assess the appropriateness and sufficiency of information.
You might have:
- Previous work experience in public accounting, bookkeeping, or private with industry experience (outdoor/manufacturing) preferred.
- Comprehension of US GAAP reporting and SOX Compliance preferred.
- Previous work experience with ERP software preferred.
- CPA license preferred but not required.
- Passion for fishing/the outdoors encouraged.
$80,700.00 - $126,300.00
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled