As the Alumni Trips Specialist you will work with and support the Alumni Trips team with the development, marketing, management, execution, evaluation of global NOLS Alumni Trips, seminars, and coordination of special events that offer continuing education and a continued NOLS experience/connection.
Reporting to the Alumni Trips Director, you will partner in crafting the medium and long term vision and strategic plans of the department. You will be responsible for the oversight of enrollment and operations in addition to working with clients, partners, and other NOLS stakeholders to ensure excellent Alumni Trips experiences. In this role you will need the ability to execute a high level of judgment and independent decision making that is aligned with the department vision. You will be expected to perform all day to day operations of client services, engage in vendor relation management, and carry out fiscally responsible decision making.
The Alumni Trips team is a full-service operation for our Alumni. As part of the team you will build the annual trip plan, market trips and innovate new offerings, manage all aspects of enrollment, assign trip leaders, and many much more. This role will hold oversight to our primary processes around operations and enrollment. That oversight will be a combination of task supervision and execution and will be collaborative with part-time employees of the department.
Key Logistical Information:
- Location: Strong preference for Lander, WY; remote opportunities available.
- Start date: September 25, 2023.
- Benefits: eligible for Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending account, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time off, 403(b), 403(b) contribution.
- Questions: Please contact [email protected]
What does the Alumni Trips Specialist do?
- Coordinate building of the Annual Trips plan of ~65 trips. Utilizing data to create a successful plan of previously run and new trips.
- Assist Alumni Trips Director with annual budget projections and ongoing budget management
- Orchestrate all trip logistics; including transportation, lodging, and local trip support.
- Design and publish marketing and logistics information supporting the enrollment of trips.
- Expense management and decision making authority for Instructors regarding travel, trip logistics, and participant information.
- Coordinate with NOLS campuses worldwide for trips supported by those locations.
- Oversight over enrollment process and exercising independent judgment outside of written policies.
- Handle incoming customer service questions via phone and email.
- Work independent of direct supervision to prioritize and manage long-term relationships; executing excellent independent decision making.
- Track enrollment trends to support program goals
- Consistent communication with enrolled participants pre and post trip.
- Manage waitlists for trips that are enrolled
- Adapt outward facing materials and internal practices/policies based on customer feedback.
- Ensure participant paperwork and tuition is received on schedule
What makes a great Alumni Trips Specialist at NOLS?
We are looking for people who share our values and are keen to learn and develop their expertise. We are looking for candidates with the skills listed below. We expect to provide training and development support in some of the areas.
- Experience with NOLS as an employee, or a graduate.
- NOLS Expedition Course Leader qualification is highly desired.
- Personal or professional history of planning complex domestic and international trips.
- Experience building and executing logistics plans for groups.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate through multiple channels using a comfortable and professional tone.
- Experience with incoming customer service environments.
- Confidence and competence with independent decision making that supports organizational and departmental values.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited oversight
- Ability to recognize inefficiencies and improve systems or policies that are not functioning as needed.
- Proficiency in writing and copy editing.
- Experience building and executing budgets and financial record keeping.
- Developing, engaging with, and running small marketing campaigns.
- Comfort with database and web based applications, Word, Excel, the Google suite, Outlook, Hubspot.
The Alumni Trips office provides a concierge style of service to our Alumni. A great Trips Specialist will enjoy answering questions about Trips and sharing excitement about NOLS with our Alumni.
In your first 6 months, you will:
- Work to be fully versed in the details of every Alumni Trip.
- Learn the tone and style of communication that is the norm for the Alumni Trips team.
- Spend lots of time talking to and emailing with NOLS Alumni.
- Participate in strategic planning around the trip mix for the next 1-2 years.
- Take on pending projects related to Operational planning and Customer support.
Who are we and what can we offer you?
NOLS is a nonprofit global wilderness school that seeks to help people step forward boldly as a leader.
We believe that anyone can be a leader; it is our role to provide the environment and training to help people discover their full potential. We do that in classrooms close to home and in remote wilderness areas around the world. We are an organization with heart, expertise, and wildness, and these qualities help us support powerful, authentic experiences.
NOLS really is a great place to work:
- We have locations in seven U.S. states, and six countries; and courses in all 50 U.S. states and over 10 countries.
- We have fantastic employee discounts on top outdoor gear brands
- We offer discounts on NOLS Courses for you and your family
- All employees can benefit of free Outdoor Equipment "Rental" at our various locations
- Insurance Coverage: Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available at a special NOLS rate to seasonal employees. Full-time employees are eligible for benefits packages.
- Wellness Time: Accrued leave that may be used for many HR-approved reasons throughout the season.
- Employee Assistance Program: Access to counselors that are available 24/7 to assist employees with work-life balance concerns.
All you need to do is start the process by clicking on the yellow button on the top right.
You’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymized, randomized and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers. If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step, which includes an interview.
NOLS can currently employ remote employees who have legal working rights in the United States, Canada, Chile, Mexico, New Zealand, and India. In the U.S. and Canada, we can support remote employees in the following states/provinces: Alaska, Arizona, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming.
- A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
- NOLS participates in E-verify for U.S. employees, Certificado de Antecedentes for Chilean or Mexican employees, and other relevant employment verification systems based on location.
- Current NOLS employees please note it is NOLS policy to conduct an internal reference check with human resources and/or your current supervisor as part of the reference check process. If you have any questions or concerns about this process please contact [email protected].
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!