Genesee Land Trust Office, Rochester, NY.
Position is open until filled.Salary Range:
$55,000 - $65,000, based on a full-time, 35 hours per week schedule.
Health insurance, health savings account contribution, vacation, sick leave, paid family leave, cell phone stipend and a SIMPLE IRA; Flexible working arrangements possible. Job Description:
The Finance Manager plays a key role on the leadership team, with principal responsibility for the finance, human resources, and administrative functions of the organization. As a partner with senior leaders in strategic decision making and operations, the Manager will have an opportunity to strengthen the capacity of this high-impact and rapidly growing organization. This new full-time position reports directly to the Executive Director.Responsibilities
1. Financial Management
• Manage the finance and accounting operations, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, banking, and fund balances.
• Work closely with the leadership team to prepare the organization’s annual budget.
• Develop and clearly communicate financial reports in an accurate and timely manner with the Executive Director, board treasurer and board finance committee.
• Partner with the Executive Director on a variety of activities including preparation for monthly board meetings and participating in financial analysis of our operations.
• Oversee grant and project accounting including grant and project performance and variance analysis.
• Serve as the lead staff person on the organization’s annual audit, conducted by a professional firm.
• Maintain corporate records and meet all state and federal legal requirements.
• Oversee risk management through internal controls.
• Oversee facilities to ensure efficient utilization of space as the organization expands.
• Work with IT service providers to manage technology improvements and acquisition, including ongoing security and maintenance of systems, networks, and technical services.
• Lead the reaccreditation process (every 5 years) with Land Trust Accreditation Commission and ensure ongoing compliance with Land Trust Alliance Standards & Practices.
• Maintain appropriate, affordable insurances for business, directors, and staff.
• Support grant development, strategic planning, and annual work plan development as needed.
3. Human Resources (in collaboration with Executive Director)
• Coordinate all recruitment and on-boarding of new hires.
• Update and maintain current the personnel handbook.
• Oversee staff benefits and annual health plan enrollment.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Interest in Genesee Land Trust’s mission, the outdoors, and local land conservation.
• 5+ years of experience in a bookkeeping or accounting role; nonprofit experience a plus.
• Strong computer proficiency in a Windows environment. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and accounting software required. (, e.g. QuickBooks,)
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues with diverse backgrounds.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Commitment to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and proven willingness to learn.
About Genesee Land Trust
Genesee Land Trust’s mission is to protect lands and waters that enhance the quality of life in the greater Rochester region. Serving the City of Rochester, suburban towns, and rural communities in seven counties, Genesee Land Trust has conserved over 7,500 acres of land, manages 18 nature preserves open to the public, and works with a diverse array of partner organizations and municipalities.
A community-based, non-profit, accredited conservation land trust, Genesee Land Trust combines land conservation tools with programming and collaborative partnerships to accomplish its mission. Genesee Land Trust has 11 staff dedicated to preserving wildlife habitat, protecting local farms and food, and creating connections to nature. Organizational Commitment
Genesee Land Trust values and is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace; has identified the need to address inequity around conservation and access to the outdoors; is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Individuals who have a passion for conservation even if their work experience does not match perfectly with those listed, are encouraged to apply. Genesee Land Trust is willing to provide paid professional development opportunities and training, as well as support from fellow staff members.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume by email to Larissa Lalka at [email protected]
with “Finance Manager” in the subject line. Or by regular mail to: Genesee Land Trust, Attention: Larissa Lalka, 46 Prince St., Ste. LL005, Rochester, NY 14607👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!