Do you want to be a part of an exciting growth journey and be able to make significant contributions as a strategic, thought partner? Do you thrive on putting people first and developing a best-in-class workforce? Winnebago Towables, located in Middlebury, IN is seeking a Human Resources Manager who will play a critical role in strategically partnering with internal and external business stakeholders.
This role will work directly with hiring managers and leaders and will provide consultative and strategic direction in a variety of areas of Human Resources to align HR functions with organizational strategies and initiatives. In addition, the role will support all day-to-day Human Resources responsibilities.
Winnebago Towables is part of Winnebago Industries, Inc. a leading U.S. manufacturer of outdoor lifestyle experiences under the Winnebago, Grand Design, Chris-Craft, Barletta and Newmar brands. The Company builds quality motorhomes, travel trailers, fifth wheel products and boats with multiple facilities in Iowa, Indiana, Minnesota, and Florida.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Apply business fundamentals, principles, and best practices to drive talent solutions at specific business-unit level.
- Identifies and implements strategies to drive continuous improvement in the areas of employee engagement, retention, change management, and identifying/developing talent.
- Drive HR solutions that engage leaders in coaching and developing teams and culture through employee experience
- Serves as a strategic thought partner to hiring managers, teams and executive leadership to identify gaps; assessing HR implications of organizational strategies and objectives.
- Build and foster relationships with business partners in other functions and departments to provide integrated strategic solutions based on data and analytics.
- Facilitate ongoing conversations with key internal HR partners to reflect on system and process successes and challenges; facilitate changes to HR systems and processes at the business-unit level.
- Act as an employee champion and change agent; initiate and sustain change at the individual, leadership, and organizational level.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
- Other HR related projects and priorities as needed.
- A strategic thinker with a reputation for a proactive, practical and pragmatic approach
- Ability to think critically – recognizes connections, translates goals into action, uses strong judgment to make choices in alignment with strategy and company culture and values
- Demonstrated ability building/fostering relationships and partnering with business & HR leaders within an organization
- Successful in building credible, trusting relationships with a broad array of managers and emerging talent; interacts well with employees at all levels
- Proven ability to communicate with and influence a variety of audiences, including senior and executive leadership as well as emerging talent
- Work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Demonstrated experience developing and using data and analytics to understand trends, establish strategic and agile talent practices, build compelling business cases and demonstrate effectiveness
- Exhibit project management and organizational skills
- Thrive in an environment that is creative and collaborative and holds individuals responsible and accountable
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability; thrives in a changing and/or fast paced environment
- Self-aware, self-motivated, self-confident individual who is comfortable operating with minimal direction and who thrives in a dynamic environment as a leader influencing change; strives to deliver great results and drive continuous improvement
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 5-7 years of progressive talent management and talent acquisition management experience
- Human Resource certifications preferred (i.e. PHR, SHRM-CP)
- Experience working with leaders at all levels
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement processes or best practices in HR
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – ability to create/manipulate documents using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Some travel will be required – 10%
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!