Title: Recruitment Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: The starting salary range for this position will be in the $18.47 - $21.39 range, depending on
experience, education, and skills relevant to the position. Please note that the indicated starting salary range describes
the range for an incumbent in this position. Most new staff generally start at the beginning of the range percentile to
ensure internal salary equity.
Location: Tucson, AZ. Partially Remote Eligible
Status: Full-Time, Non-/Exempt
Benefit Eligible: Health, Vision, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Retirement, Paid Time Off
Reports to: Program Director
Arizona Conservation Corps (AZCC) operates conservation service programs across Arizona that empower
individuals to positively impact their lives, their communities, and the environment. AZCC has operational
bases in Tucson and Flagstaff, AZ. AZCC, a program of Conservation Legacy, aims to continue the legacy
of the Civilian Conservation Corps of the 1930s.
AZCC is focused on connecting youth, young adults, and recent-era military veterans with conservation service work projects on public lands.
The Recruitment Coordinator will assist AZCC in reaching its recruitment goals by tracking and interviewing
applicants, tabling at job fairs and outreach events, giving presentations to schools and other organizations,
networking to create additional outreach contacts and venues, tracking AZCC’s various recruitment
platforms efficacy, developing and distributing print media, managing and enhancing AZCC’s social media
platforms, building recruitment pathways, and developing a more strategic and comprehensive recruitment
The position will also assist AZCC leadership and development function by creating more
compelling reports and better marketing materials.
Essential Accountabilities and Functions
• Interview and select crew members.
• Maintain and update position announcements to reflect current recruitment needs and
• Communicate recruitment needs to all Recruitment and Enrollment staff in a timely manner.
• Set, evaluate, and adjust strategies in order to meet recruitment needs across the program.
• Improve and update website application process.
• Provide recruitment support for staff positions as requested.
• Track current recruitment platforms efficacy, suggest and track improvements.
• In coordination with the Corps Director develop Master Recruitment plan and ensure
implementation across AZCC offices.
• Work to build or expand existing relationships and partnerships to develop recruitment pathways
• Enhance AZCC visibility in its service area and across the country.
• Promote AZCC as well as Conservation Legacy mission, programs and achievements.
• Work with the Conservation Legacy Recruitment Rendezvous group to improve and grow
recruitment across all of CL, including a joint recruitment approach when appropriate
• Work directly with the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to enhance AZCC’s recruitment
• Track quarterly demographics of starts, note any trends to be shared with AZCC Leadership
Team and staff as appropriate.
• Track yearly trends on Quits/Terminations, note any trends to be shared with AZCC Leadership
Team and staff as appropriate.
• Track yearly applicant data, note any trends to be shared with AZCC Leadership Team and staff
• Assist with AmeriCorps enrollment tasks as needed.
• Develop and provide clear, concise and audience-appropriate presentations for the public to
recruit, inform, and inspire.
• Develop relationships with community organizations and schools to increase and diversify member
• Identify and attend community events and meetings to increase and diversify the local member
• Attend in person recruitment events throughout Arizona.
• Network and develop new contacts and forums for recruitment.
• Increase recruitment and outreach among targeted and diverse populations who would benefit
from the program and who reflect the population of Arizona.
• Develop virtual versions of outreach materials and presentation.
• Refine and target social media strategy and presence.
• Monitor social media and other outreach to ensure cohesive and appropriate
organizational message and presence.
• Respond to general inquiries from the website and the general public in a timely manner.
• Work with project partners and staff to create press releases and public notices of crew presence.
• Visit or meet with crews and IPs to capture photos, their experiences, and other
compelling recruitment materials.
• Increase the size of applicant pools for AZCC programs.
• Create, update, and utilize a list of alumni to share opportunities and track post term updates.
• Maintain alumni database and develop alumni engagement activities; update employment
opportunities from partners on the Alumni webpages.
• Engage and manage Facebook Lead campaign prospects when campaigns are active and
support candidates in applying for appropriate position(s).
• Collect and compile member demographic and impact information for AmeriCorps, Conservation
Legacy, and other reporting needs.
• Coordinate AmeriCorps volunteer events and days of service events.
• Successfully engage, lead, and support an inclusive work environment for those of underrepresented
populations within the organization and the communities we serve.
• Lead and/or participate in organizational-wide teams, projects and initiatives that support the work of
the Strategic Plans goals.
• Reports any potential complaints within the organization as identified in the Personnel Policy Manual.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Conservation Legacy is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals and will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to perform essential job functions. Some positions may require periodic overnight travel, non-traditional work hours, ability to move across varied terrain, use program-specific tools and a range of technology on an infrequent or frequent basis. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Ability to safely drive an organizational vehicle may also be required for some positions. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during application or recruiting process, please send a request to the hiring manager.
• Ability to successfully work in a fluid, changing work environment.
• Experience recruiting and working with underrepresented/BIPOC communities.
• Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs and applications, or similar platforms.
• Ability to keep others and oneself, in remote locations, accountable to expectations.
• Valid Driver’s License and Insurable Driving Record per Personnel Policies.
• Must be able to pass the organization’s criminal history check requirements.
• Exhibits the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse teams or with a variety of populations, including those
underrepresented at our organization and those of BIPOC communities.
Other Competencies Desired for this Position’s Success:
Manage Complexity, Resourceful, Effectively Communicate, Cultivate Innovation, Drive and/or Influence Results, Plans & Aligns
Conservation Legacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply. This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, genetic information, and military service.
Where a significant portion of the population eligible to be served needs services or information in a language other than English, the recipient shall take reasonable steps to provide written material of the type ordinarily available to the public in appropriate languages.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during application or recruiting process, please send a request to the hiring manager.
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!