Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As the Business Analyst, ReGEAR you will act as the conduit between Information Systems and the ReGEAR team. You assist with understanding the current and future state of our circularity business by eliciting and analyzing requirements, liaising between business and technical resources, and documenting business processes or systems and their integration. You must be able to quickly absorb new and different types of information, modify and adapt existing knowledge, and work in a changing and evolving environment, to ensure successful project delivery using an agile scrum methodology. You are a critical thinker who enjoys diving into the details and seeking to understand the “how” and “why”.
This role is based out of our North Vancouver office and is open to hybrid remote work. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Meet Your Future Team:
You will work as part of a new project squad within the Omni-channel IS team - a cross-functional team of Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, and Quality Analysts responsible for delivering exceptional value to our guests by leveraging cutting-edge technology. In the short term, the ReGEAR team will be small and mighty, comprised of only yourself and a Project Manager who will work hand in hand on documenting the current and future state of the ReGEAR Program. You will work in close partnership with the ReGEAR business team and with cross-functional partners as required.
If you were in the Business Analyst, ReGEAR role now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Driving cross-functional requirements gathering sessions
- Translating business requirements into detailed and actionable specification and requirement documents
- Creating understandable visual representations to communicate complex concepts and models for various target audiences
- Representing and documenting the needs of impacted stakeholder groups
- Ensuring documentation is clear, knowledge gaps are filled, and system integrity and stability is high
- Building expertise in the technology platforms related to ReGEAR
- Identifying and documenting current and future business processes, changes, and improvements to facilitate change management
- Facilitating and managing stakeholder engagement
- Maintaining process and system documentation as business and systems evolve
- Assisting Project Managers with prioritizing requests from business units to ensure the team is focused on delivering business value
- Keeping a forward-looking outlook on industry trends related to ReGEAR, including research and analysis on the market, users, and competitors, to help inform the vision, strategy, and roadmap
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Understanding and owning the scope and vision for new systems and integrations related to ReGEAR, working with in-house development teams and external vendors
- Triaging, organizing, and prioritizing requests and ideas
- Consulting with stakeholders and acting as a conduit between stakeholders and the development squad
- Contributing to management-level strategy decisions through analysis and recommendations
- Working closely with stakeholders and the development team to ensure alignment of product backlog items with product vision and goals, maximizing value/ROI, and adhering to product strategy
- Providing guidance to the development team on backlog priorities and requirements, addressing any questions or concerns
- Documenting detailed user stories, process flows, systems diagram flows, and acceptance criteria for business process review, systems architecture, web development, quality assurance, and change management
- Working with stakeholders and the development squad to plan, groom and prioritize the product backlog to ensure work focuses on features that align with business priorities
- Organising and facilitating user acceptance testing with business users
Are you our next Business Analyst, ReGEAR?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary education in business, information systems, or a relevant field, completion of a recognized Business Analysis program, and/or equivalent business experience
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner, working on agile projects or experience working on information systems projects related to Aftersales or ReGEAR
- You have excellent communication skills and are confident at distilling complex information in an easily understood, actionable way
- You have experience with working in an Agile methodology
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders to be able to explain, articulate, and document concepts, business processes, systems, and business requirements efficiently
- You have strong organization and prioritization skills while managing multiple, competing priorities
- You possess a high level of analytical and critical thinking
- You have experience using JIRA
- You have familiarity with product management tools and techniques, such as user stories, personas, and product roadmaps
- You have experience with working in the Apparel (Outdoor) or Retail industry
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You are able to balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (but sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
$78,000 - $97,000 a year
A reasonable estimate of the pay range is CAD$78,000 - CAD$97,000 at the time of this posting. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, relevant experience, education and/or training.
Please note that the range details above reflect the base pay only and does not include our competitive bonus program and benefits that we offer.
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.